Sunday, August 24, 2008

Hello Again

I've been going through my Mum's sewing room and finding things. Dad wants everything else to stay for a while... clothes etc, but the sewing room's to be turned into a computer room and we're all bandying together to force him onto the internet, where many of his mates will send dumb jokes and he can join forums about fire stuff... engines, fighting... history.
I've found my Grandmother's photo's though. This is Grandma (Phyllis) when she was about 20-ish... 1920's anyway. I've had a couple of other photo's taken on this day for years. It's amazing, to flesh the day out like that, so long ago. There is definitely something of me there.
I'm staggering between disbelief and stunned recognition of Mum's death. It's awful. Such a bright person. You'll have to bear with me I'm afraid, or just look at the pictures.
x But thanks for the love people, seriously. You've been so lovely. Sniff.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bobby, I need to delurk to give you a hug. No words of wisdom, just a hug.

Bobby La said...

That was nice, thanks...

Bobby La said...
This comment has been removed by the author.